Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Associate – Generalist
Employment Type: Full Time
- The HR Generalist will also assist in the execution of corporate HR programs and processes, providing day-to-day Employee relations and administrative support.
- Conduct New Hire orientation and handles exit interviews
- Reconcile/validate data entry to ensure data integrity, and support routine reporting requests. This includes running monthly reports.
- Develop and maintain overall HR project calendar and ensure key stakeholders are made aware of projects and timelines
- Advise HR staff of existing or potential problem areas
- Communicate proactively and work with departmental managers to resolve employee concerns and issues, identify administrative needs that occur on a routine basis
- Draft, develop, edit and copy materials and presentation in a timely and efficient manner
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to HR processes and procedures continually to meet the needs of HR department
- Assist in coordinating job postings, reviewing resumes, performing reference checks and telephone interviews
- Conduct bi-weekly onboarding of newly hired employees and enter new hire paperwork in HRIS
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years Human Resources experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understands and supports the range of functions and initiatives HR brings to bear on work-life.
- Excellent communication skills including fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Skilled in writing management reports and producing business documents/presentations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and writing communication and presentation skills
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) Tools and Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Networking and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to be discreet and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of Labour Law
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below: