Emerson has an available position, Emerson is a global Technology and Engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Controller
Requisition ID: 17011935
Job Function: Accounting & Finance
- Emerson has developed a comprehensive portfolio of industry expertise, with a network of global industry centers and thousands of industry and application experts.
- Based in our Victoria Island office, we have a vacancy in Lagos for a Country Controller for our Nigeria business.
- You will be responsible for managing and controlling the Financial reporting for Emerson Automation Solutions in Nigeria (both Statutory and Management accounts); overseeing the production of monthly and annual accounts; managing payroll and creating & supporting journal entries where required.
- You will also provide financial planning and analysis support to the Country Management Team and Middle East & Africa leadership team.
Reporting to the Regional Financial Controller for Africa your role will include:
- Managing the financial statements and ensure compliance with Company and Country process’s, rules and regulations
- Ensuring the Corporations Ethics policy is followed for all financial transactions in Nigeria
- Reporting financial statements to all statutory bodies, accurately complete and in a timely manner
- Managing complete and timely daily inputs to the transactional processing group, via the dataserve system
- File Witholding tax returns monthly and Income tax returns annually, accurately and in a timely manner
- Reporting financial statements using Emerson reporting tools, accurately, completely and in a timely manner
- Providing detailed financial analysis, comparing actuals to business expectations by division and for Nigeria, and reporting any material variances
- Building good relationships with all key business managers and ensuring where possible to make a financial presence available, thus ensuring support in key decisions
- To develop financial reporting tools that will support and work alongside the current tools, whilst adding value and professional presence
- Ensure completion of Annual KPMG audit with nil non compliance comments – by corporate due date
- Recognize and accept HSE Roles & Responsibilities as defined in Emerson’s Company Policy and Procedures
- Preparation of month end accounts pack and sales reporting models and reporting to HQ in a timely and accurate manner, with emphasis on ensuring that all reported information is supported by strong analysis
- Analysis of the Nigeria business by division, with greater emphasis on detailing underlying trends and drivers of the divisions and providing support and information with these in mind
- Providing support and information during budgeting, forecasting, mid year reviews and the year end accounting processes as required
- To be considered for this role you will be a qualified Chartered Accountant (CA/CPA or similar) and have at least 8-10 years experience in the Accounting profession.
- You will be able to build relationships at a Senior Leadership level, and be able to present and communicate to a wide range of audiences.
- Your ethics will be of the highest standard and you will ensure full compliance with accurate statutory reporting.
- Our office is on Victoria Island in Lagos and you must live within a manageable commuting distance.
- You will have a strong knowledge of Nigerian tax requirements, have worked with a large ERP (such as Oracle) and be an advanced user of MS Excel.
- Preferably your experience will be within an International Oil & Gas business.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply