Schlumberger is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry’s most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FPSO Project Engineer
Location: Lagos – Nigeria
The engineer will participate in all phases of the project including, concept selection, FEED and project execution to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget and schedule and to the required quality standards.The position is based in Nigeria and it is expected that the duration of the project will be 3 years. The engineer will be expected to travel to locations where equipment is being manufactured such as, but not limited to the UK, US, Singapore, Dubai and Nigeria including periods offshore during hook up and commissioning. Reports to FPSO Upgrade Manager (Deputy Project Manager)Responsibilities:
• Obtain certifying and governmental authority approval for design from client.
• Maintain full responsibilities for engineering sub-contracts, interface and changes in accordance with local regulator and Schlumberger corporate requirements.
• Schedule, plan and develop engineering scopes of work and execution plans while ensuring full adherence the overall Project Execution Plan and Basis of Design.
• Help manage the sub-contractors engineering team and maintain commitment to deliver schedule requirements, safety and high quality deliverance of work.
• Meet safety and high quality requirements whilst approving all engineering output.
• Pro-actively align the engineering by supporting subcontracting processes and procurement.
• Awareness of all technical risks and anomalies and escalate to line and project management.
• Ensure that up to date knowledge and procedures are shared with others as appropriate.Qualifications, Experience, Behavioural:
• Degree in naval architecture, shipbuilding or marine engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience within engineering coordination, experience working for an Operator preferred.
• Familiar with complex offshore and FPSO supported projects and work flow.
• A comprehensive track record in maintaining quality and safety towards medium and large size offshore supported projects.
• Computer knowledge of database management, document processing, discipline calculations and tools
• Self-starter and self-motivated person who can demonstrate use of initiative
• Flexible and adaptive approach to work
• Able to communicate articulately and persuasively
• Driven, takes ownership of issues and drives them to completion
• Able to work unsupervised or as part of a team, which might include the supervision and management of team members and/or contractors
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
• Comply with Schlumberger’s Health, Safety and Environment Policies and Standards
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.